If you live in a small home, apartment or recreational vehicle then you might consider the purchase of one of the many portable washing machines on the market today.
Surprisingly, there is a wide selection for consumers. Prices are generally quite accessible. Plus, the range of products from mini-washing machines to energy saving “green” alternatives to highly efficient sophisticated machinery, make these portable washers an attractive consumer choice.
our reviews will give you a basic overview on washing machine, you will find links in the article to other articles and reviews throughout the site that may be of interest. You can also explore the site using the menu above or using the links in the side bar.
A portable washer that fits on a countertop or in a small space is quite practical. It’s possible for you to prevent trips to the laundromat or shared washing machines and it works out considerably more economical over the long run. Additionally, it makes a great practical gift for a college student or someone getting their own flat. They’re also good good for boats, RVs and extended camping trips.
Who Needs a Portable Washing Machine?
- College students who live in a dorm or shared lodging and and need to take their washing to a laundromat that is costly and inconvenient.
- Apartment dwellers who share washing machines in a basement several floors down. It is useful to be able to do little loads of washing without leaving the flat.
- A portable washer that does not require plumbing in can be very convenient.
- Long stay campers. It can be convenient when traveling with children also. Taking a portable washing machine means you’ll be able to take less clothing with you.
- RV and boat dwellers who want the benefit of having the ability to wash clothes wherever they are.
- Frugal folks and those who want to minimize their environmental footprint. A portable washer that’s much cheaper and more eco-friendly that choices can be chosen by you.
- Infant garments are not large, being able to fast wash a small load reduces the quantity of extra clothing you need.
Top 5 Portable Washing Machine Reviews
If you are looking for a washer and dryer set, check my reviews on specific models. I have already do all the work for you in choosing one. And have the current research on the best machine to buy with plenty of reviews. This way you do not have to spend a lot of cyberspace research and you will have a new washing machine in no time. Here my list of the best rated washers money can buy!
#1 Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine with Spin Dryer
It is very easy to use and does a great job cleaning. This little washer is amazing and the fact that it has a built in spin dryer puts this product over the top. If you use the machine every day, or nearly that, you won’t have big piles built up.
This machine isn’t good if you only want to do laundry once a week, it will take you longer than you want it to, but it’s a great every day helper.Check Price On Amazon
#2 Panda Small Mini Portable Compact Washer Washing Machine
It is easy to operate and powerful, Just fill with water and set timer,so it is perfect for Apartments,Dorms,Travel.
The washer itself is just the right size. The motor is amazingly strong. You can easily throw a beach towel or something like a queen size duvet sheet in there and wash it.Check Price On Amazon
#3 Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1-Cubic-Foot Portable Washer
This washer is perfect for a small apartment.The machine itself works very well, it washes the clothes more gently and quietly than regular washers
The portable and compact 1.0 cu. ft. washer has 3 electric controlled water levels and 3 wash cycles for the perfect load every time.
The stainless steel tub holds up to 6 pounds of clothes, which is perfect for baby clothes, delicates or a smaller wash.Check Price On Amazon
#4 XtremepowerUS Electric Small Mini Portable Compact Washer
It is lightweight and portable, easy to use as you just plug in, add water, detergent and clothes and set the timer.This is plastic so you do have to handle it gently. It does not have a spin cycle.
This machine has a very strong back and forth agitating action and without the laundry bags items get very tangled up. The machine works amazingly well, believe me!! and it’s really easy to operate.Check Price On Amazon
#5 Nina Soft Spin Dryer
This unit is rather lightweight and reasonably quiet given what it does – spins extremely quickly to pull out water from your clothes.
It functions in only 2-3 minutes. 1800 RPM spin speed. Weighs only 15 pounds, much lighter than other spin dryers.
Unique built in tall handle, allows for easier transportation and less crouching. Attractive design, with new lever-free procedure and self-opening lid. it joins to any 110V outlet, with 12 lb capacity for dry laundry Much gentler on the clothes than a standard dryer, so your clothes will last longer .Check Price On Amazon
How To Choose An Right Portable Washing Machine
For the environmentally conscious, for those on a limited budget or for those occasions where electricity is not available, hand powered portable washing machines are a great option. Great for small loads, easy to travel with, perfect for places with little or no laundry access, these hand-powered washers don’t require the work you might imagine. Typically in less than two minutes your load is washed.
In addition, they use less water and less detergent their electric counterparts. You do need to manually empty grey water and refill with rinse water, but that is a small price to pay for all the saving you will be doing.
Even the larger of these portable machines are great for small living spaces. Though they are not usually made for traveling, they can be easily moved around your home or apartment and then just as easily stored away.
After connecting it to your sink with the provided adapter, the washing process mirrors that of traditional top-loading or front-loading washing machines. Multiple wash cycle choices and rinse and spin cycles on many models allow you to do exactly what you would with a larger machine.
5 Things to Consider Before You Buy
Before picking a portable washing machine, consider these points to make sure that you pick the man who you’re buying for or the right machine for you.
- Portable can mean different things. Some portable machines only mean they’re smaller than a full-size machine.
- Consider access to power and water. Most washers require access to electricity. And you’ll certainly need water to operate your washer. Hoses are used by some larger portable washers, others must be manually filled. Some need to be emptied out manually and others have a drain at the underside.
- Electric or manual? You can get manual hand-crank washers that are portable together with the kind that is electrical. A manual washer is greener and more affordable to run, but obviously needs lots of attempt to control.
- This can vary considerably between portable models. Be certain you understand what to expect. You might have the capacity to wash a pair of jeans but don’t anticipate to fit anything else into a mini washer.
- Do you need a spin cycle? The portable washers that are smaller and cheaper do not tend to have a spin cycle. Expect your clothes to come out quite wet. The higher end mini washers do have a spinner that will help save you lots of time. But it’s going to cost more.
As you can see there are so many brands and models of washing machines on the market and Amazon makes it easy to shop. Looking at the our ratings and reviews you can me assured that you are getting what you want, but once you’ve washed clothes you’ll need to get them dry. You could choose a portable dryer, or just a clothes drying rack.
Once you decide what your specific needs are then you can begin your shopping. You might first take a look at some of the portable washing machine reviews on the internet to get an idea on the grades given to different styles, brands and models. But to give you some basic ideas consider a cross section of prices.
So regardless of the space in which you live (or travel) you don’t have to hand wash or “live” in the Laundromat. For the tight space, the person on the go, or the energy conscious there is a solution. Hook it up, plug it in, and put it away. Make life easy and convenient with your purchase of a portable washing machine.